Tips to Crack SBI PO Reasoning Section in Prelims
According to the notification released by the State Bank of India, it is announced that the SBI PO Prelims exams 2022 will be conducted on December, 17, 18, 19, and 20, 2022. The admit cards for the SBI PO exam 2022 have been released by the SBI on December 4, 2022.
The pattern is supposed to be the same as it was the previous year as the paper will comprise three main sections; English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. The SBI PO exam is conducted by the SBI for the post of Probationary Officer in different branches of the bank. It is a national-level examination that is conducted every year by the SBI and the candidates are selected depending on the available vacant posts. The SBI PO exam is conducted in three phases: Prelims, Mains, and Psychometric tests, Interviews, and Group Exercises
The examination comprises 100 objective questions for 100 marks, which means each question carries one mark. And the time for completing the examination is 1 hour or 60 minutes.
SBI PO Syllabus: Reasoning Ability
The reasoning ability section of the SBI PO exam comprises 35 questions in the prelims exam and 40 in the mains based on the following syllabus:
- Seating Arrangement
- Coding- Decoding
- Input- Output
- Series-based questions
- Blood relations
- Direction sense
- Data sufficiency
SBI PO Weightage: Reasoning Ability
|Number of question
|Level of Difficulty
|Puzzles and Seating Arrangement
|Alphabet-based (making a meaningful word)
SBI PO Preparation Tips: Reasoning Ability
Reasoning ability has been a very important part of all competitive examinations as it is used to check the analytical and critical thinking abilities of the candidates or aspirants. The questions from this section are often tricky but once understood, they become easy to solve. So, the following tips will help the candidates to ace their SBI PO preparation:
- This section has got good scope to score the maximum so the candidates need to utilize this opportunity.
- Symbols and Puzzles (Linear Arrangements, Circular Arrangements, Distribution, and Comparison) are the most important topics that need to be focused on.
- This section comprises questions that test the candidate’s ability to follow a given set of instructions.
- Input- Output, and Data Sufficiency questions are mostly asked in the mains but candidates may expect them in prelims also.
- Continuous practice is required to solve this section with ease and satisfaction.
- The logic needs to be built while understanding and solving questions from this section.
- The following topic-wise tips will help the candidates in their SBI PO preparation:
- Syllogisms: Candidates need to read the question properly before attempting them. They should clearly understand the statements and assumptions. Venn diagrams are considered to be a very important part of this section or topic.
- Inequalities: The paper may consist of both direct inequalities as well as coded inequalities. Basic mathematical rules need to be understood to solve the direct inequalities and for solving coded inequalities careful observation is required.
- Arrangements: This is an important topic because questions from this topic are asked both in prelims as well as mains. Candidates may face questions on linear and circular arrangements. Extensive practice is required because this section has got the most weightage. And the questions may seem to be tricky but will fetch good marks if solved properly.
- Input and Output: These questions are not considered to be difficult but details in the input part should not be missed by the candidate.
- Data Sufficiency: These questions are observed to be the most time-consuming questions as the candidate may take a lot of time to solve them. But proper practice will enable him/her to fetch good marks.
- Focus and dedication are the key factors required to crack the SBI PO exam.
- Previous year papers and mock tests will make the candidate efficient to solve the majority of the questions with ease.
- The exam pattern and syllabus should be read and understood by the candidates to prepare well for the exam.
- The above-mentioned topic-wise strategy will enable the students to complete the syllabus properly with good time management.