Is It Worth Buying a PS4 in 2019?
With the release of the next-generation of gaming consoles just around the corner, it’s a question many gamers are asking – is it worth buying a PS4 in 2019? The PS4 has been one of the most successful consoles of this generation, and continues to offer a great range of games and features. In this article, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of purchasing a PS4 in 2019, to help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.
Overview of the PS4
The PlayStation 4, often referred to as the PS4, is the fourth home video game console developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It was released on November 15th 2013 and was the successor to the PlayStation 3. The console has been a huge success, selling over 91 million units worldwide, and is one of the most popular gaming consoles of this generation. The PS4 has a powerful 8-core AMD Jaguar processor, 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, and a 1.84 teraflop AMD Radeon GPU, making it one of the most powerful consoles on the market. The console lso features an impressive range of features, including a Blu-ray player, 4K support, virtual reality support, and access to the PlayStation Network.
The PS4 is a great console and has a lot of benefits, but it’s important to consider the pros and cons of buying a PS4 in 2019.
• A wide selection of games – the PS4 has an impressive library of games, including exclusive titles like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man.
• 4K support and virtual reality support – the PS4 is capable of playing games in 4K resolution and also supports virtual reality aming.
• Access to the PlayStation Network – the PS4 gives you access to the PlayStation Network, which allows you to purchase and download games, as well as access streaming services like Netflix.
• Affordable – the PS4 is one of the most affordable consoles on the market, with the base model starting at just $299.99.
• No backwards compatibility – the PS4 does not support backwards compatibility, so you won’t be able to play your old PS3 games on the console.
• No support for external storage – the PS4 does not support external storage, so you won’t be able to expand the console’s storage.
• No optical audio out – the PS4 does not have an optical audio out, which means you won’t be able to connect it to an external sound system.
• No 4K Blu-ray player – the PS4 does not have a 4K Blu-ray player, so you won’t be able to watch 4K Blu-rays on the console.
Alternatives to the PS4
If you’re not convinced that the PS4 is the right choice for you, there are some alternatives to consider. The Xbox One S is a great alternative, offering 4K support, backwards compatibility, and access to the Xbox Live network. The Nintendo Switch is also a great option, offering a unique hybrid design, access to the Nintendo eShop, and a wide selection of exclusive games.
The PS4 is an excellent console and has a lot of benefits, but it’s important to consider the pros and cons of buying a PS4 in 2019. If you’re looking for an affordable console with a great selection of games and features, then the PS4 is a great choice. However, if you’re looking for a console that offers 4K Blu-ray support, or backwards compatibility, then you may want to consider an alternative. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide if the PS4 is worth buying in 2019.